- Out of all livestock, pork is the top consumer of Indiana corn, consuming 45 million bushels in 2012.
- Hogs consumes 7.5 percent of total corn production in Indiana.
- Indiana ranks 5th in hog production.
- Indiana pork farmers raised 8.5 million pigs in 2012.
- Indiana pork farmers contribute more than $3 billion each year to Indiana's economy.
- Indiana pork farming employs more than 13,000 Hoosiers.
- Indiana pork farmers spend more than $600 million in local, rural economies each year.
- Indiana pigs are the leading consumer of Indiana grain - more than $300 million worth each year.
- There are 3,000 pork producer families in Indiana.
- Indiana pork farmers deliver the annual pork needs of every man, woman and child in Indiana...plus for 20 million more people throughout our country and around the world!
- Indiana Pork
- U.S. Pork Center - Pork Gateway
- National Pork Board
- National Pork Producers Council
- The Nationwide Impact of Animal Agriculture
Sources: ProExporter and Indiana Pork (2012 data)