- Published: 23 December 2014
ISA and ICMC are seeking qualified candidates to work as a summer intern (up to 2 positions available). This position will be 40 hours per week for up to 15 weeks from June – August, 2015. For the duration of the Indiana State Fair (August 7-23, 2015), the intern must be available and willing to work weekends and some evenings.
The Indiana Soybean Alliance (ISA) is a farmer-led board that is responsible for investing Indiana’s soybean checkoff funds for the state of Indiana. The Indiana Corn Marketing Council (ICMC) is a farmer-led board that is responsible for investing Indiana’s corn checkoff funds. Program areas include biofuels, livestock, new uses, communications, aquaculture, grain marketing, and production and environment. ISA and ICMC are independent organizations led by separate boards but managed by a shared staff.
The internship will include the opportunity to work with ISA/ICMC’s communications and marketing team on a variety of programs designed to increase the viability of Indiana soybean and corn farmers. The summer intern will work one-on-one with ISA’s communications team to develop and plan activities for the Glass Barn, ISA’s exhibit building at the Indiana State Fair. The candidate will have the opportunity to be creative, engage with farmers, consumers, media and industry partners on the Glass Barn project, as well as with other ISA and ICMC initiative projects.
- Help create and write social media programs for ISA/ICMC’s activities at the Indiana State Fair. This will include working with Twitter, Facebook, and other networking sites. Work with social media programs for the Indiana State Fair.
- Contact farmers, vendors and industry partners about programs as directed.
- Develop, write and proofread materials.
- Work with organizational initiatives as directed.
- Represent ISA/ICMC during the Indiana State Fair (August 7-23, 2015) and at organizational events as directed.
- Completion of at least one year of college-level coursework.
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team on a variety of projects.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Energy and enthusiasm.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and other networking sites.
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings primarily from August 7-23, 2015.
- Work requirements include standing/sitting for long periods of time, walking, carrying and lifting up to 40 lbs.
How to Apply
Job Posting Dates: October 7, 2014 – February 1, 2015.